Friday, August 6, 2021

Blacktron Black Widow Design Finalized!

.Been a while since I created this design. I had planned to make building instructions for it right away. But the original design had too many flaws. Recently I got inspired to perfect it.

For the last couple of weeks, I've been working hard on finalizing the design work on my Blacktron Black Widow. It may not seem like a lot has changed, but a lot has changed. I cleared up all the minor and major design mistakes and annoyances that bugged me about this build.

Some of the bigger improvements are:

  • A lot more space for RC modules. The prototype relied on a custom Lipo battery solution, which I found undesirable because most people are not comfortable with custom electrics. Currently, several 3rd party solutions should fit, though the recommended setup is a Buwizz 3.0;

  • Access to the battery compartment has improved immensely, so swapping the battery will be much easier.

  • The design is a lot sturdier than the prototype;

I will now be working on making building instructions. Hopefully, that should be done within a couple of weeks. But in my experience, this process always takes longer than planned. I'll do my best.





No comments:

Post a Comment