Thursday, March 22, 2018

LEGO RC Blacktron Goliath Heavy Tank in Action

This is the first video of my latest tank. So far I am pretty happy with it. I have the feeling that I am getting ever closer to the goal I set out for myself a couple of years ago. Namely, making a perfectly functioning remote controlled LEGO tank. At the moment I am busy with making some final improvements after which I am planning to make building instructions for the tank. 

One of the improvements with this tank is a new remote control scheme. At the center of this scheme sits the BrickController app programmed by Imurvai. This app enables controlling Sbricks, Buwizz bricks and even PF IR with a bluetooth gamepad! The gamepad provides physical feedback that is absent in the other apps and this physical feedback improves controllability immeasurably. For more information check out this Eurobricks forum thread: https://www.eurobricks.com/forum/index.php?/forums/topic/120823-wip-control-sbrick-and-buwizz-with-android-game-controller/


Some specifications of this tank:

The MOC is powered by 2 XL motors for drive and 2 M motors for rotation, elevation and shooting. A single Buwizz for remote control and power.

Functions:
- Working torsion-bar suspension
- Shooting;
- Driving;
- Turret rotation;
- Gun elevation;

Some pictures:
Blacktron Goliath



Here you can see it in action:





No comments:

Post a Comment